Peppies-Site Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Peppies-Site Forums

Fun Games and General Chat.

:dj: when radio is on air you can tune in by clicking on the Peppies-Jukebox link on the top of the page (members only) and by leaving it open you can browse the site content and join in with stuff all at the same time or if you join us you can join us in the irc channel to see whats being played, make requests and join in with us there too. :dj: ADVERTS DISAPPEAR ON JOINING OUR SITE ITS FREE TO SIGN UP AND REGISTER SO DO YOURSELF A FAVOUR AND JOIN US RIGHT NOW!! HELP US TO BUILD A NICE LITTLE COMMUNITY WHERE FUN NEVER STOPS............

Transferring Files with a USB Jump Drive

Peppies™
    Peppies™
    Site Owner
    Site Owner

Transferring Files with a USB Jump Drive Empty Transferring Files with a USB Jump Drive

Post  Peppies™ 18th January 2011, 09:49

If you have a USB flash memory, jump drive or what ever else you want to call it. You can transfer files from your computer to your PS3 with it. The only negative thing is, they never explain how to do it.

You will need to put the pictures/mp3s/movies into separate folders in your USB drive.

(note: G is the drive that was assigned to my USB jump drive. I use it just to show that the folders should be created in your drives main directory.)

Music: G:\MUSIC
    Movies: G:\VIDEO
    PS1 and PS2 saved games: G:\PS3\EXPORT\PSV
    PS3 saved games: G:\PS3\SAVEDATA

Your video will have to be in one of the following formats:
    MPEG-4 SP (AAC LC)
    H.264/MPEG-4 AVC Main Profile (AAC LC)
    MPEG-1 (MPEG Audio Layer 2)
    MPEG-2 PS (MPEG2 Audio Layer 2, AAC LC, AC3(Dolby Digital), LPCM)
    MPEG-2 TS (MPEG2 Audio Layer 2)

If your video is not in one of these formats you can convert it.

The two best programs that I have found for this are:
    [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Both of them are free.

In my experience Super is a much better converter; although, Red Kawa offers another utility which allows you to connect to your computer’s hard drive though your LAN and download content.

Current date/time is 28th March 2024, 18:20