Peppies-Site Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Peppies-Site Forums

Fun Games and General Chat.

:dj: when radio is on air you can tune in by clicking on the Peppies-Jukebox link on the top of the page (members only) and by leaving it open you can browse the site content and join in with stuff all at the same time or if you join us you can join us in the irc channel to see whats being played, make requests and join in with us there too. :dj: ADVERTS DISAPPEAR ON JOINING OUR SITE ITS FREE TO SIGN UP AND REGISTER SO DO YOURSELF A FAVOUR AND JOIN US RIGHT NOW!! HELP US TO BUILD A NICE LITTLE COMMUNITY WHERE FUN NEVER STOPS............

How to install VLC, Mplayer & Emu.

Peppies™
    Peppies™
    Site Owner
    Site Owner

How to install VLC, Mplayer & Emu. Empty How to install VLC, Mplayer & Emu.

Post  Peppies™ 18th January 2011, 12:29

VLC : Multimedia player for Linux -Most commonly used.-
    Mplayer : Also one of most commonly used video player, also can play DVDs. (regular ones)

I saw some people having problems so I put couple of guides together.

Installing VLC:

a) Log in as root. That means in YDL�s login menu your Username should be �root� and your password is the root password you typed during installation.

b) At the bottom, beside the firefox icon to the left there is a black box icon called Gnome Terminal. Click it. In the Terminal type �yum update"

Note: I guess the "yum update" step is optional. Only run it if any of the programs fail to install, and if you run it, ignore the errors.

After the update is complete.

- Type �yum install videolan-client� hit Enter, during the process it will ask if "this is ok?", just type "y" and hit Enter.

After completion congrats! You have installed VLC

Post VLC installation Notes:

- Using an Enlightenment Session, when you go into full screen, VLC will crash. To avoid this. At YDL�s login screen. Click on Session and choose GNOME. It�s more stable.

- Once in GNOME (not as root), to launch VLC go to:
    Applications ---> Sound & Video ---> Video lan client

Installing Mplayer:

a) Log in as root. That means in YDL�s login menu your Username should be �root� and your password is the root password you typed during installation.

b) Launch Gnome Terminal. (Just like you did with VLC).

c) This time type: "yum install mplayer" hit Enter. (type "y" when prompted and hit Enter)

d) After the previous step finishes, Type "yum install mplayer-gui" hit Enter.

e) After process is complete, mplayer should be installed on your PS3.

Configuring, Launching and Using Mplayer:
    Mplayer doesn't seem to pick the right drivers for the PS3 by default, so we are going to have to configure it.

NOTE: These configuration might not apply to everyone.

a) Log in as root. Browse to /etc/mplayer and double click mplayer.conf. Make the changes shown in the pictures:

In video settings, vo=sdl
    In audio settings, ao=sdl (Scroll down)

b) Once in GNOME (not as root), to launch Mplayer go to:
    Applications ---> Sound & Video ---> Mplayer

c) Using Mplayer now should be easy, right click and check out the options.

d) If you pick a video and mplayer still fails to initialize, Open up a Terminal (we're still in Gnome)
    Applications ---> Accessories ---> Terminal
    Type: "gmplayer -vo sdl" and hit enter. I only had to do this once. After that, Mplayer caught on.

e) To go to full screen, DON'T PRESS f, Press C. just trust me. To exit, press ESC
    f) For further controls, check the Mplayer site.

Current date/time is 19th April 2024, 13:02