Peppies-Site Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Peppies-Site Forums

Fun Games and General Chat.

:dj: when radio is on air you can tune in by clicking on the Peppies-Jukebox link on the top of the page (members only) and by leaving it open you can browse the site content and join in with stuff all at the same time or if you join us you can join us in the irc channel to see whats being played, make requests and join in with us there too. :dj: ADVERTS DISAPPEAR ON JOINING OUR SITE ITS FREE TO SIGN UP AND REGISTER SO DO YOURSELF A FAVOUR AND JOIN US RIGHT NOW!! HELP US TO BUILD A NICE LITTLE COMMUNITY WHERE FUN NEVER STOPS............

Fallout 3: GOTY PC mods to PS3

Peppies™
    Peppies™
    Site Owner
    Site Owner

Fallout 3: GOTY PC mods to PS3 Empty Fallout 3: GOTY PC mods to PS3

Post  Peppies™ 18th January 2011, 13:59

This tutorial will allow you to use mods from the PC version of Fallout 3 on the Playstation 3. CUrrently the mods are limited to plugins that have no subfolders or BSA's. WHat that means is no custom content, such as armors or weapons that are not already in the game.

Requirements:
    -PSFreedom
    -Backup Manager
    -PS3 FTP Server
    -FTP Client of your choice on the PC
    -A Computer (im using Windows XP in this tutorial)
    -Fallout 3: Game of the Year Edition backed up on the PS3 (I used an internal hard drive)
    *NOTE: I used the Game of the Year Edition. I do not know how/if it would work on the Original with or without downloaded content.

-Your Mod of Choice (http://www.fallout3nexus.com/index.php)
    *NOTE: For this Tut I used the "Item Room" mod (http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=5478)

-Plugin Tool (http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=5104)

Assumptions: I am assuming you have PSFreedom installed, backup manager installed (and know how to use it) and the PS3 FTP server installed (and know how to use it as well). I am also assuming you have the PS3 game backup to an internal hdd as well as are using the plain backup manager and not 'stealth' manager.

Lets Begin

Method 1, Overwrite an existing DLC. aka the quick and easy way.
    1. Run PS3 FTP Server on your PS3
    2. Connect to the PS3's IP.
    3. Browse to the folder 'dev_hdd0/game/LAUN12345/GAMEZ/BLUS30451/PS3_GAME/USRDIR/DATA' on your PS3 using the ftp client on your PC.
    4. Decide which DLC you dont care to use anymore, then on your PC rename the .esp mod file to the name of the DLC you do not care to use. (I USED THEPITT.ESM, DO NOT USE ANY OF THE FALLOUT ESM's)
    5. Overwrite the DLC with the mod you renamed.
    6. If you have NEVER played FO3 on the PS3 you are doing this, then just shut down the PS3 FTP Server and play.If you have played FO3 on your PS3 it will have installed data and you will need to overwrite one more file so continue to 7.
    7. Browse to 'dev_hdd0/game/BLUS30451/USRDIR/DATA/' on your PS3 with your FTP software.
    8. Overwrite the DLC again with your renamed mod file.
    9. Exit the PS3 FTP Server and load up the game backup. Your mod SHOULD work.

Method 2, Merge a mod with a DLC. aka the method you will use if you are fond of the expansions but would still like a mod too, and/or you want to use a few mods.

1. Create the folder path 'C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Fallout 3\Data' on your PC. If you have FO3: GOTY installed on your PC it will already be there. If not, just create empty folders.
    2. Run PS3 FTP Server on your PS3
    3. Connect to the PS3's IP.
    4. Browse to the folder 'dev_hdd0/game/LAUN12345/GAMEZ/BLUS30451/PS3_GAME/USRDIR/DATA' on your PS3 using the ftp client on your PC.
    5. Decide which DLC you want to merge a mod with, Copy it over ftp to the folder we created on the PC.
    6. Place your mod in the same folder on the PC.
    7. Run the plugin tool, click file on the top left and then click open. Select the ESM that you copied from the PS3.
    8. Then click file again and select Merge Plugins and choose your mod.
    9. Upload your ESM back into the 'dev_hdd0/game/LAUN12345/GAMEZ/BLUS30451/PS3_GAME/USRDIR/DATA' folder. If you have run the game ever, you will need to upload the ESM to the 'dev_hdd0/game/BLUS30451/USRDIR/DATA/' folder as well.
    10. Close the FTP Server on the PS3 and load the game from the backup manager and play. The Mod should be active.

Current date/time is 29th March 2024, 00:21