Peppies-Site Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Peppies-Site Forums

Fun Games and General Chat.

:dj: when radio is on air you can tune in by clicking on the Peppies-Jukebox link on the top of the page (members only) and by leaving it open you can browse the site content and join in with stuff all at the same time or if you join us you can join us in the irc channel to see whats being played, make requests and join in with us there too. :dj: ADVERTS DISAPPEAR ON JOINING OUR SITE ITS FREE TO SIGN UP AND REGISTER SO DO YOURSELF A FAVOUR AND JOIN US RIGHT NOW!! HELP US TO BUILD A NICE LITTLE COMMUNITY WHERE FUN NEVER STOPS............

Burn Blu-Ray Onto A DVD-5 Or DVD-9

Peppies™
    Peppies™
    Site Owner
    Site Owner

Burn Blu-Ray Onto A DVD-5 Or DVD-9 Empty Burn Blu-Ray Onto A DVD-5 Or DVD-9

Post  Peppies™ 18th January 2011, 14:57

Ok after messing around for a good while i have finally found a fool proof way of turing those blu ray mkv files into playable discs. Now if you have ever tried just creating a blu-ray structure using from the mkv you will know that you get green bars taking over a large part of your screen. This method will eliminate this.

A typical movie is between 90 and 150 minutes long. So we can expect to fit a 720P rip onto a DVD-5 and a 1080P on a DVD-9

Now some general sence is needed for this. If you have a .mkv file sitting at say 4GB before we even start this process accept the fact that you are likely to need a DVD-9 to burn it as this process will add to its final size.

So if you have read the previous, We are now ready to begin

Programs Needed:

TsMuxer
    RipBot264
    ImgBurn

Recommended Steps To Remove Subtitles

Before you being following my guide i recommend that you do these two simple steps to find and remove any subtitles before you begin. If you would like to keep any possiable subtiles then jump right into the main guide.

1. Open your .mkv with tsmuxer and uncheck the subtitle box

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2. Change the output to .m2ts file and click "Start muxing"

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Guide:

1. Start ripbot and click the add button

2. Open your .mkv by clicking the "..." button at the video source and let it load the info for this mkv

3. Next click the properties button

4. Using the drop down menu under "Crop" set it to "Automatically"

5. Next under the "Size" menu select "Custom" and set your new size. And click "Ok"
    Incase you dont know the default sizes of blu-ray are:

720P = 1280X720
    1080P = 1280 X 1080

Now mine was set at 544 so i would up the size to 720 as that is the next closet one, ie if it was 544 you would not go setting it to 1080!

6. This part is up to you, you can go ahead and try to turn it right into a blu-ray structure or you can turn it back into a .mkv to then turn it into a blu-ray structure. I have found problems jumping right into the blu-ray structure so i recommend going for the .mkv first

7. Click "Done" and wait for it to complete. Go have a break because it could take a long time. I myself have a quad core PC and it took just under 2 hours for it to complete.

8. Once it is done open the new .mkv it has created with Tsmuxer by clicking the "Add" button

9. Select the "Output" as "Create Blu-ray disk" and click "Start Muxing"

10. Once it has completed you should have a new folder called "BDMV"

11. Now open imgburn to burn this folder. Click "Build" from the "Mode Menu"

12. Now drag and drop the "BDMV" folder into Imgburn and click the "folder to disc" icon

Let it burn and when it is done you should be able to play the resulting disk in your PS3 or standalone blu-ray Player

Enjoy!

Current date/time is 19th April 2024, 03:54