Peppies-Site Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Peppies-Site Forums

Fun Games and General Chat.

:dj: when radio is on air you can tune in by clicking on the Peppies-Jukebox link on the top of the page (members only) and by leaving it open you can browse the site content and join in with stuff all at the same time or if you join us you can join us in the irc channel to see whats being played, make requests and join in with us there too. :dj: ADVERTS DISAPPEAR ON JOINING OUR SITE ITS FREE TO SIGN UP AND REGISTER SO DO YOURSELF A FAVOUR AND JOIN US RIGHT NOW!! HELP US TO BUILD A NICE LITTLE COMMUNITY WHERE FUN NEVER STOPS............

Playing Blu-Ray Movie on PS3. FW 1.6 and up.

Peppies™
    Peppies™
    Site Owner
    Site Owner

Playing Blu-Ray Movie on PS3. FW 1.6 and up. Empty Playing Blu-Ray Movie on PS3. FW 1.6 and up.

Post  Peppies™ 18th January 2011, 12:23

With firmware 1.60, the PS3 now plays .m2ts files,not in surround, though, just stereo. This will work for mpeg2 .m2ts files also, but not vc-1.

So its very simple. When U make a Blu-Ray movie backup on PC,U get a several m2ts files,largest is main movie. (EDIT: I never try backup with SAK on PS3. I found Blu-Ray movie rip on web in folders ready to be burned on BD-R.) We only need a largest .m2ts file(example 15 GB or more) ,that is a main movie. (I u have Blu-Ray rip in folders,u will find main movie .m2ts file in x:\BDMV\STREAM\, something like 00001.m2ts,move it to some new created folder. Now U can delete all other folders,we dont need them.) All that we have to do now is rename that main movie file in .mp4(example - 00001.m2ts rename to "movie name".mp4) and u're done!

I was doing some testings, with RedKawa file server I transfer a renamed .m2ts to .mp4 sample to PS3, and it said "Unsuporeted data" but anyway I press "X" and playback started! When I returned to XMB, there was no longer "Unsuported data" title!

Try it! ,its allready renamed,just copy to PS3, here it is (sample was taken out from BluRay disc) - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

With this method, only earlier movies with mpeg2 codings with stereo sounds will work.

There's also this method that I have found on line.

1. Install SAK (Swiss Army Knife) to the PS3 OtherOS and boot into it. I use the network connection and do it via the ps3 instead of the web browser and transfer the ISO over the network. You can hook up a FAT32 hard drive and get the ISO that way as well.

2. If you put the ISO on FAT32 hard drive, join them into 1 big iso with copy /b, then put it into a directory. If you did a network connection, then go to step 3.

3. Install Nero Premium v7.8.5.0 and once installed, go to StartSmart, Extras Tab, make sure its in Advanced Mode and then choose Mount ISO image. Mount the ISO of the blu-ray movie you have. It is VERY important to use nero, as Daemon Tools DOES NOT WORK PROPERLY FOR THIS METHOD.

Correction. Latest Daemon tools seems to work fine. If not please let me know.

4. Install AnyDVD HD 6.1.3.6. Once installed, go to windows explorer and check the mounted ISO drive to see if the AACS Directory has been renamed to SLY!. If so, you should be good.

5. In AnyDVD HD, right click on the icon in the taskbar, and you will see: Rip Video HD-DVD / Blu-Ray to Hard disk. Choose that, make sure the drive being chosen is the one with the Nero mounted Blu-Ray image and let it rip. I suggest not doing much while it works its magic.

5a. Now, a lot of people talked about how AnyDVD HD has errors with blu-ray, but that is because they fixed the ripping in the latest version ONLY if you use the special rip tool. If you go to windows explorer and copy over the files to your hard drive, THEY WILL ERROR. This is the ONLY way to do it properly, and i will show you how to verify next.

6. Once complete, you should have the full blu-ray in your hard drive and ready to go. As a test, close AnyDVD HD and try to play any of the .m2ts's on the image mounted, THEY WILL NOT WORK. But the ones off of the hard drive you decrypted will. Now, you need to check for errors. Most blu-ray movies come with MPEG2 Trailers which are ~100-300 megs a piece for other blu-ray movies. Copy 2-3 of them into a empty directory. You will need to check these for errors. When AnyDVD HD errors, it happens on every file, so you want to check at least 2-3 files for errors and make sure they are ok using MPEG2Repair.

7. MPEG2Repair WILL NOT accept Decrypted .m2ts files. You need to convert them to .ts. The program i use is called: m2tstots. It is command line based and lightening fast. Once you convert those files you have, go ahead and run them through MPEG2 repair, 1 by 1. You will have a stream error, dont worry about that, its because ALL blu-rays give that error. Once done, the only thing you want to look for is errors in the video/audio areas. I did this with 4 different movies i had no keys for and they worked perfectly.

Note:
    1.) You need FW 1.6 and up to do this.
    2.) You need UDF 2.5 driver for windows XP for your computer to see this image after decription.
    3.) Alot of manual intervention is still needed for newer released movies.

Current date/time is 26th April 2024, 09:14