Peppies-Site Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Peppies-Site Forums

Fun Games and General Chat.

:dj: when radio is on air you can tune in by clicking on the Peppies-Jukebox link on the top of the page (members only) and by leaving it open you can browse the site content and join in with stuff all at the same time or if you join us you can join us in the irc channel to see whats being played, make requests and join in with us there too. :dj: ADVERTS DISAPPEAR ON JOINING OUR SITE ITS FREE TO SIGN UP AND REGISTER SO DO YOURSELF A FAVOUR AND JOIN US RIGHT NOW!! HELP US TO BUILD A NICE LITTLE COMMUNITY WHERE FUN NEVER STOPS............

How to Firmware Mod your Xbox 360 using Windows 7 64-bit

Peppies™
    Peppies™
    Site Owner
    Site Owner

How to Firmware Mod your Xbox 360 using Windows 7 64-bit Empty How to Firmware Mod your Xbox 360 using Windows 7 64-bit

Post  Peppies™ 17th January 2011, 16:41

NOTE: This tutorial can work on any Windows operating system but I labeled it specifically for Windows 7 x64 due to the fact everyone is upgrading to it and everyone is saying it's not possible. Since writing this tutorial now, JungleFlasher has added x64 support so if this tutorial doesn't work, try JF. I will note where you can skip if you have a different operating system.
    /*****

Requirements:
    A confirmed drive that works with this: BenQ or Samsung
    -If you have a liteon, you can follow this tutorial (http://www.se7ensins...ash-v1-8-a.html)
    VIA Sata Card with Chipset 6421 (bought cheap on eBay)
    Sata cable - to connect your 360 drive to your VIA chip
    x360 Opening Tool - Not needed but makes life much easier
    DosFlash v1.8 & Jungleflasher v0.1.66 Beta
    iXtreme LT Firmware (you must get it from xbins - Make sure you get Lite Touch aka LT):

Venomous Fire said:
    AUTO-XBINS:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Please give autoxbins a few minutes to connect to the server. Once it's connect, you want to follow this directory:
    /XBOX 360/firmware/hacked firmware/
    Once you get into hacked firmware, search for your drive, download the LT firmware (whichever is the newest version, at the time of this edit, the BenQ is on v1.1)

Open your Xbox with the 360 Opening tool

Removing your VIA card's Drivers
    You can first try to skip this part but if you can't get your computer to read your 360 drive, then come back and follow these steps.
    1. Disable your VIA card using your Device Manager.
    2. Go to C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers and rename "viamraid.sys" or "vsmraid.sys" to "viamraid.sys1" or "vsmraid.sys1" so your computer can't recognize them.
    3. Re-enable your VIA card.
    4. Shut down your PC.

Getting this all to work
    Through my experiences, I've noticed I've had to do something that I would have thought didn't matter, but I proved myself wrong today. Make sure you unplug any SATA DVD drive that you may have hooked up to your PC. Even though you may have disabled it (or DosFlash disables it) in the device manager, for some reason my PC couldn't detect my 360 until I actually unplugged the SATA cable.

Getting DosFlash 1.8 drivers to work on Windows 7 x64 (or any other 64bit OS; 32bit can skip this step):
    If you don't have a 64-bit OS, you can skip to the next section.
    1. Inside the DosFlash download folder, you should see a program called dseo13b. Right-click and "Run as Administrator".
    2. Keep clicking "Next" and/or "Accept" until you get to this screen:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

3. Like the picture above, click "Enable Test Mode", then click next. A pop up will appear, click OK:

4. Then click "Sign a System File" and click next:

5. There is no browse button so go to the folder (outside the program) and navigate to where the dosflash folder is. Copy the directory over and then you'll have to type "\portio64.sys" at the end of it. Should look similar to this:

6. Now you'll have to restart your computer. When you reboot, you should see this in your bottom right hand corner:

If you do then you are good to go on to the next steps. You can now shut down your computer again.

Reading your Xbox 360 Drive
    If you are having a tough time with getting your computer to recognize the drive, you can try something one of our members had found: here.
    1. Connect your 360 to your Sata port on your computer, or if you are using a VIA card it should be placed in this slot:

Start up the computer. Once your OS fully loads, you can turn on your 360.

2. Go to your DosFlash64 folder, right click the DosFlash64 file, run as administrator.
    You will more than likely see this if you have a BenQ:

Or this if you have a Samsung:

3. Once it finds the drive you should see this:

4. Click "Read Flash". Save it somewhere safe labeled as "orig.bin" (no quotes of course). I would back this up on an external, flash drive and email it to yourself. This is what you'll use if you mess this up (unlikely if you know how to read).

Writing the Modded Firmware to your 360 Drive
    1. Take your downloaded modded firmware (that you got from xbins), and copy + paste it into the "...\JungleFlasher v0.1.66 Beta\firmware" folder.
    2. Go to your "JungleFlasher v0.1.66 Beta" folder, right click "JungleFlasher" and "Run as Administrator".
    3. Click "Open Source Firmware" and navigate to your "orig.bin" you just saved.
    4. It will ask if you want to auto-load [Your drive name here]. Click "Yes". It should look similar to this:

5. You should see this now:

Make sure the top key matches the bottom key. Mine ends in BCD as you can see from the above image.

6. Click "Save to File" (bottom right). Find a place to save it. I don't change the name of the file that automatically appears.

7. Click the drop down menu and choose "Erase" and then click the button at the bottom to erase your drive.

8. Click the drop down menu and choose "Write" and click the "Write Flash" button at the bottom.

9. Navigate to where your modded firmware was saved to when you used JF, choose it and click Open.

10. It will begin writing your flash. It will go through a number of banks and you can view it on the bottom of the program.

11. A message will pop up saying you've successfully flashed your drive, click OK.

LASTLY, you can now go back into dseo13b and disable testing mode (same way you enabled it).

CONGRATS. You've just finished modding your drive using Windows 7 x64!!!! From here, I like to shut down my computer, then turn off the 360. Disconnect your 360 from the computer, plug your 360's SATA back in, then go test it out to make sure it works before you go putting the case back together.

Current date/time is 28th April 2024, 11:49