Peppies-Site Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Peppies-Site Forums

Fun Games and General Chat.

:dj: when radio is on air you can tune in by clicking on the Peppies-Jukebox link on the top of the page (members only) and by leaving it open you can browse the site content and join in with stuff all at the same time or if you join us you can join us in the irc channel to see whats being played, make requests and join in with us there too. :dj: ADVERTS DISAPPEAR ON JOINING OUR SITE ITS FREE TO SIGN UP AND REGISTER SO DO YOURSELF A FAVOUR AND JOIN US RIGHT NOW!! HELP US TO BUILD A NICE LITTLE COMMUNITY WHERE FUN NEVER STOPS............

How To Create a Customised Boot Disk

Peppies™
    Peppies™
    Site Owner
    Site Owner

How To Create a Customised Boot Disk Empty How To Create a Customised Boot Disk

Post  Peppies™ 14th March 2011, 10:13

We, in the past have used many different types of bootable disks, none of this type and content which combines the best of all bootable disks we have seen and used. These are specially rescue disks used help diagnose and repair problems when occured.

1. Getting Started:

What do we really need? Well, not a big deal, all we need is an external bootable device like a USB flash drive. one with a bigger capacity as we are going to merge and combine quite a few disks into one big package which would need space. Make sure that you have atleast a 4GB USB flash drive to attempt to create this disk.

2, Creating the Disk:

Alright then, here we are, once selecting the type of USB drive type is sorted out, we're going to format this drive to FAT32, thats right, FAT32, as most of these repair utilities work well along with FAT32. Please donot be alarmed even if you have NTFS ad the file system on your system.

To format the disk:
    a. Insert the drive into the USB port and let the system detect it.
    b. Navigate to my computer and right click the drive intended and click on format and choose the FAT32 file system and click on format. Once formatted the drive is ready to use.

3. Copying ISO and Files to crate the Disk:

Now that we have prepared the drive, its time that we add the files which are required to create such a disk, so without any delay lets get started.

To create this disk, we're gonna use a software called SARDU which is a tool that makes a package like downloading and adding as well as copying ISO'S.

To down load this utility, please goto:

SARDU- RESCUE DISKS CREATING TOOL

Once you have downloaded this tool and extracted to a location, you can start by selecting all that you wish to have on ur disk.This tool will start downloading whatever that you have selected to create your disk.

This tool can also be used to download ubuntu as well.

Once you have selected and downloaded all that you wanted, click the make a usb button on the right and wallah, ur done!!!!

4. Using the USB drive:

To use it, just like any other USB flash drive, plug it in and make sure that your BIOS supports booting from a USB device. To enable it, you will need to enter the BIOS of your system and enable boot from USB devices and that very much it. Once you boot from the drive, you can select the menu you wish and use the desired utility.

I hope you guys enjoy this little writeup from me, i shall make efforts to get more of such how to's, howeve, time is my only enemy atm.

Current date/time is 8th May 2024, 20:55