Peppies-Site Forums

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Peppies-Site Forums

Fun Games and General Chat.

:dj: when radio is on air you can tune in by clicking on the Peppies-Jukebox link on the top of the page (members only) and by leaving it open you can browse the site content and join in with stuff all at the same time or if you join us you can join us in the irc channel to see whats being played, make requests and join in with us there too. :dj: ADVERTS DISAPPEAR ON JOINING OUR SITE ITS FREE TO SIGN UP AND REGISTER SO DO YOURSELF A FAVOUR AND JOIN US RIGHT NOW!! HELP US TO BUILD A NICE LITTLE COMMUNITY WHERE FUN NEVER STOPS............

Nintendo Wii: Burning a Game

Peppies™
    Peppies™
    Site Owner
    Site Owner

Nintendo Wii: Burning a Game Empty Nintendo Wii: Burning a Game

Post  Peppies™ 29th June 2010, 19:05

I figure that some people are still having issues burning a Wii ISO to a DVD-R. I am making this guide as simple and as noob proof as possible .... here i go .

Ensure you have ...
    1. a confirmed working ISO (unpacked and ready to go)
    *un-compress it from its multiple RARs to a single .ISO file

2. Download and Install Imgburn (freeware app, go google it, ITS FREE)

3. Buy Verbatim -R DVDs . I Cannot stress this enough! VERBATIM

Steps
    1. Load up your ISO into imgburn

2. Set write speed to 2.4x/4x/6x (only 1 of these)
    *personal experience 6x works best for me ... i dunno why*

3. CLOSE MSN, LIMEWIRE, UTORRENT, WINRAR. CPU resources must be as low as possible
    *alt + ctl + del and close any processes you don't need running

4. Set it to burn

5. DO NOT TOUCH YOUR PC WHILE IT BURNS. MANY PCS CANNOT HANDLE MULTIPLE TASKS. IF YOUR DEVICE BUFFER DROPS, YOU MAY END UP WITH DISK READ ERRORS OR A COASTER!

Problems
    Q: My disk loads a black screen!?
    A: Bad ISO, Scrubbed Game, or your game had a Trucha hack done to it and wont work on your 3.3+ firmware. Try loading your game up in GeckoOS program through HBC

Q: My game gets random "DISK READ ERROR" a.k.a DREs
    A: Try a different burn rate.... experiment with 2.4x/4x/6x and ensure your burner is relatively new (within 3 yrs) and have latest Firmware on your burner and are using quality Verbatim DVDs.

Q: My games use to work ... now they are unrecognized ....WTF??
    A: This happens when the DVD surface is damaged or physically altered. The Wii laser cannot read the grooves on the dvd. This can be due to physical damage, cheap media (most likely), or Wii laser is dying (highly unlikely).... or in some cases higher wii firmware.

KNOWN GAMES WITH ERRORS AFTER FW UPDATE INCLUDE: Hacked versions of GH3, Rockband, Super Smash Bros, and Manhunt (unsensored)

Try running them in GeckoOS

Current date/time is 2nd May 2024, 13:00